Clean & Service
A Clean & Service is a bit of a cure-all. The process is:
- dismantle most of the watch
- clean cleanable parts in the cleaning machine
- brighten all contacts and check circuit
- check coil
- check parts and replace suspicious parts
- reassemble mechanics
- reassemble electronics
- fit dial and hands
- re-case watch
- test and repeat if not right
This is time consuming and potentially not successful. One speck of dust that you miss and it is not right. Try not to get disturbed as, every second, dust can potentially enter the movement.
Are you sure it is cost effective to do a clean & service. Movement Replacement is so much easier
If you must, follow our Clean & Service Guide
- yes: this has helped. Give to the customer and advise to try it.
- No: One last thing you can try.